Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Ávila aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches.
Our first stop for the day will be at the city of Ávila, one of the best-preserved fortifications in Spain. Follow your guide on a walking tour of the Old Town to discover the impressive history of this city. See Romanesque style churches, Gothic palaces and a fortified cathedral of the Middle Ages. Visit the Walls of Ávila and imagine the stories they have seen through the centuries. Marvel at the fortification and towers, which have granted the city a World Heritage Site status by UNESCO.
We will continue the tour to Segovia. On arrival, we will divide in two groups. If you have chosen the option to visit Segovia at your own pace, you will have approximately three hours of free time. The rest of the group will go to the restaurant. Those who have chosen the gastronomic menu will enjoy a gastronomic lunch with roast suckling pig that will not leave you indifferent. People who have not chosen the gastronomic lunch will have a typical courtesy tapa and a drink.
After lunch, those who have chosen the tour with monuments will meet again with the guide to start the tour in Segovia. Walk through the old Jewish quarter of the city, visit the outside of the Cathedral and walk towards the Alcazar of Segovia. Enjoy a guided tour inside the castle and marvel at this spectacular fortification. Did you know that its architecture inspired Walt Disney for one of his films? Can you tell us which one?
If you have visited Segovia on your own, meet the rest of the group at the agreed time to return to Madrid.
What is included
* Admission to the Walls of Ávila
* Visit inside the Santa Teresa Church
* Local guide
* Tour operated in both Spanish and English
* Transportation on an air-conditioned coach
* Radio guide system
* Free time to visit Segovia on your own (if option selected)
* Drink, tapa and visit inside the Alcazar of Segovia (if option selected)
* Visit inside the Alcazar of Segovia and gastronomic lunch (if option selected)
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain in Madrid city center. Please refer to your documentation for more information.
* It will not be necessary to print the voucher
* Please note that depending on the option selected you will have different inclusions in the visit of Segovia. If you decide to visit it at your own, the ticket and the tour inside the Alcazar is not included.
* Note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
* The duration of the tour includes transportation.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons
* Children under 6 are free, lunch and consumptions not included. Booking required.
* In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.