4.5 hours aprox.
There is a story to tell about every corner of Madrid and the markets that supply the city have been proof of this for almost a century. Discover with our professional culinary expert guide a real signature cuisine, gourmet products and a vast amount of culinary culture, nowadays hidden in the reformed markets of San Miguel and La Cebada in the La Latina neighborhood in Madrid.
The tour will start at the San Miguel square, where we will move to La Latina, Cava Baja and Cuchilleros streets, most of the famous sites for "Tapeo"; in there we will taste typical mushrooms tapas or Padrón peppers: Why are some hot and other not? accompanied by a beer or cider..
Near the first stop, the tour arrives in the San Miguel Market, to taste the famous Spanish Omelet pincho accompanied by a cold beer. After the San Miguel Market visit, we will walk through the Plaza Mayor and Barrio de las Letras, where famous poets and artists spent the best years of their lives.
Next to Huertas Street, our stop goes into an old but renovated bar (or "Casa de Comidas"), to taste Meat cheeks, known as "Carrilleras" with smashed potatoes and drinking a good wine, preferably red. The route continues walking through Plaza de Santa Ana and Spanish Theater, a lot of terraces in this area, and you will feel and be part of it.
After visiting the Plaza Santa Ana, our guide will farewell you, giving the instruction to find the Tablao, where you will enjoy an intimate flamenco show surrounded by the amazing atmosphere of the Tablao Flamenco, a hidden treasure from the center of Madrid. Enjoy your drink during the show.
Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a premium small group tour!
StartingPoint: WE MADRID at Pl. de San Miguel, 7 28005 Madrid
● Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
● This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
● You are kindly requested to inform of any nutritional requirement (diet, allergies, etc.) at the time of booking the
● There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers
will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
● There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is
not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
● Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
*Phone for last-minute emergencies: +34 911 174 287