Montserrat by Bus and Artistic Barcelona Tour
Board a coach from our office in central Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction. Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once our guided tour finishes. Check in back again at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and come aboard an air conditioned coach towards Sagrada Familia. Enjoy a panoramic tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia. Marvel at the extensive symbolism of its façade details. Board your bus back again for a short trip to the Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park. Did you know the Park is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO? Follow your guide and board the coach again for a short trip to Passeig de Gràcia, the most important street in the city. Stroll down the same admiring the many modernist buildings, learn about their history and significance. Stop in front of La Pedrera and at Casa Batlló, marvel at Gaudí’s abilities and enjoy the explanations of your guide.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
* Admission to Park Güell.
* Taste of 4 typical liquors in Montserrat.
* Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”.
* Discounts at some of the main attractions
* Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
* Local guide.
* Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
* Radio guide system.
* There is approximately 35 min time between both parts of the tour when you will have a time to get lunch in Barcelona city center (Lunch not Included).
* A dress code is required to enter the Basilica in Montserrat. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. No flip flops permitted.
* Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
* Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
* This activity includes walking long distances. Wear appropriate attire.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons.The duration of the tour includes transportation.
* In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
Meeting Point Information
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain in Barcelona city center. Please refer to your documentation for more information.
* It will not be necessary to print the voucher