Walking Tour through La Corona Volcano and Famara Cliff
- You will enjoy several beautiful spots in the island of Lanzarote during this hike.
- Your guide will show you the best places within this route.
- You will visit a total of four volcanoes.
- The amazing views from the Famara Cliffs (over 500 metres high) will enchant you.
Canary Trekking offers you the chance of enjoying a fantastic hiking tour in the northern part of Lanzarote, where you will walk through two nature protected areas: the natural monument Volcán de la Corona and the Famara Cliffs in the nature park Archipiélago Chinijo. A guide will remain alongside you at all times and will make sure you don’t miss anything.
The route starts in the town of Ye. From there, you will ascend towards the crater of La Corona volcano. You will be amazed by the beautiful views of some vineyards and the spectacular lava flows (commonly known as “malpaís”) during your walk.
You will not only see one volcano while doing this hike, but a total of four. La Corona is aligned with Volcán de la Cerca, Los Helechos and La Quemada. These volcanoes were likely to be contemporary to La Corona when they were all active. From the top of these peaks (over 500 metres high) you will enjoy amazing views of the east and west sides of Lanzarote’s north.
Once you finish visiting the volcanoes, your guide will take you to the highest part of the Famara Cliffs. There Cliffs are a real wonder of nature because of its wall of rock, which is more than 500 metres high along over 22 kilometres. During the walk along the edge, you will enjoy the astonishing views of Archipiélago Chinijo.
Due to elevation and influence of trade winds during the last part of the hike, you will discover one of the more diverse nature areas of flora with many volcanic species and also bird life that our nature guide will show you.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Snack consisting of a cereal bar, fruit and a bottle of water.
- Trekking pole.
- Expert guide.
- The difficulty of this hike is considered medium and the route is 11 kilometres long.
- The duration of the activity is 4 and a half hours.
- It is recommended that you bring your own bottle of water in case the one provided by Canary Trekking is not enough.