Combo: Prado Museum + Reina Sofía Museum Tour - Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €139 - €259
- Youth: - €139 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €105 (9 and under)
5 - 5.5 hours (including a lunch break)
Meet your guide by the Goya statue at the main entrance, outside of the museum Prado museum
- With so much to do in Madrid, don’t waste a minute in lines and gawking at art without a clue of what it all means.
- This 5 to 5.5 hour private museum guided museum combo tour of Madrid’s most visited museums will allow you to understand and enjoy both the Prado and the Reina Sofia, two sites that you simply must experience.
- This tour is in English.
- Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Tour Includes All Entrance Fees
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Full Tour Description
With so much to do in Madrid, don’t waste a minute in lines and gawking at art without a clue of what it all means. This 5 to 5.5 hour private guided museum combo tour of Madrid’s most visited museums will allow you to understand and enjoy both the Prado and the Reina Sofia, two sites that you simply must experience.
Begin at the Prado Museum, one of the most visited monuments in Madrid, and not just because the breathtaking neoclassical facades. Built in the late 1700s, the Prado began showcasing art in the early 1800s. Predominantly featuring paintings, it also has sculptures and prints among thousands of works dating from the 1200s. The most famous pieces include “Las Meninas” (The Maids of Honor), an inventive self-portrait by Spanish-born Velázquez, and “The Garden of Earthly Delights,” a triptych from Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch. The Prado houses the largest collection of Italian masterpieces outside of Italy, featuring works like “The Annunciation” by Fra Angelico and “David and Goliath” by Caravaggio. With your expert guide, you’ll hear all about the stories and scandals behind artists including Goya, Rembrandt, El Greco, and others.
Next, enter the Reina Sofia Museum, housing one of the largest collections of modern and contemporary art in the world. In the 1990s, a former hospital was renovated and turned into the Reina Sofia, home to 20th century art mostly from Spanish artists. Your expert guide will discuss the various artistic movements on display here, including abstractionism, cubism, surrealism, and modernism. You’ll learn all about Spain’s most famous artistic export, Pablo Picasso, while standing in front of his world-changing painting, “Guernica.” You’ll see works by Joan Miró, like “The Man with a Pipe,” as well as Salvador Dali’s “Face of the Great Masturbator,” learning about the techniques and stories behind these sometimes offbeat works of art. Your guide will situate all of these works in their larger social and political contexts, allowing you to understand how events like the Spanish Civil War shaped these artists’ lives and works. By the end, you’ll have experienced one of Spain’s, and the world’s, most exquisite collections of contemporary art, which no trip to Madrid should go without.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
- This is a tour of the permanent collection only
Meet your guide here!